For the poncho, I used US size 10 / UK size 4 / 6mm circular needles.
For the fingerless mittens, I used US size 8 / UK size 6 / 5mm double-pointed needles.
4”/10cm = 18 stitches and 24 rows in stockinette stitch, US size 10 / UK size 4 / 6mm needles
- super soft yarn, very lovely to the touch, feels really warm, washes well
- gorgeous fabric: dense, squishy and stretchy, excellent texture
- amazing stitch definition, neat and crisp stitches
- splits quite badly
- all the grey skeins had too many black and white fluff pieces in between which I had to pick out
- 10 of 12 grey skeins had several nasty joins in the middle (to avoid unwanted joins in the middle of the fabric, I had to manually rewind every skein before using it to detect potential issues)
The yarn washes quite well (I did treat it with respect and hand-washed my fingerless mittens in a lukewarm, almost cold water with a special wool detergent) but it takes some time to dry. I didn’t wash bigger/heavier items to see how they behave afterward.
Despite its splitty side and the ugly knots here and there, working with this yarn was more of a positive rather than a negative experience due to its clear stitch definition. And I do enjoy wearing my mittens as they are super warm and not itchy at all.
Have you used this yarn? How do you feel about it? Tell me in the comments!